Thursday, February 09, 2012

News from Diana




There’s been a lot of talk over the past few years about “branding” an author. It’s a practice that’s actually been going on for decades and actually has a purpose: to inform readers so they know exactly what they’re getting. The most famous case is arguably Nora Roberts. She wasn’t allowed to write her detective novels under her own name because publishers didn’t want readers to get confused about what they were buying. Hence, JD Robb was born. Same author, two different genres of writing.

Kristine Grayson is another. Or should I say Kris Nelscott? Or maybe Kristine Dexter? How about Kristine Kathryn Rusch? All the same person but publishing in different genre, often with different publishers.

And so today, I’d like to introduce you to a few authors you might not have met yet. If you’re a reader of this blog, you already know Diana Hunter, writer of erotic romances. And chances are you’ve met CF Duprey who writes historical fiction. Some of you might even have met Mystic Shade, who writes very naughty books. Yes, they’re all me and I’ve been “branding” my works for a while.

But something occurred to me today. I’ve released two works under the Diana Hunter name that aren’t erotic romance. They’re more in the line of sweet romances or what some call “slice of life” short stories. I just wrote another one this week and it’s when I went to release it that I realized I should have a different name for this type of book. I don’t want readers to buy it thinking they’re getting a BDSM/erotic romance when they’re not. That’s misleading and I hate when people do that.

That’s why I’m introducing you all to Diana Allendale. Some of you from Second Life already know me (it’s my SL handle). Tales from the Ramayana and Timeless Love are in the process of being re-released under Diana Allendale’s name (actually, Timeless Love went live today!) and a new story, I Stay a Little Longer, will be released in time for Valentine’s Day.

If you’re reading this through a reader, take a moment to visit the blog and see the new pages I’ve put at the top. One says, “Purchasing Info” and is for all my self-published works. Don’t worry, Diana Hunter is still publishing at Ellora’s Cave as well. :) CF Duprey and Diana Allandale each have their own pages as well. Mystic's is coming soon.

So, Diana Hunter for erotic romance, Mystic Shade for naughty stories. CF Duprey for historical fiction and Diana Allandale for everything else. Got it? Get reading, then!

Play safe!
Diana

No comments: