Sunday, March 30, 2014

Update

Just checking in. Things haven't changed much since the last update...although my mother-in-law is in hospice now. She has good days and bad days and we're trying to spend as much time with her as we can.

I haven't been writing. Not that I don't have the time, time is there and I find myself looking for a good escapist movie to watch, or I'll scrapbook old baby photos or I'll....you get the picture. What I don't do is write. It's as if my Creative Muse has stepped back and said, "You go do what you need to do. I"ll just wait here. I won't abandon you, but right now you need to spend your mental energies elsewhere."

You gotta love an understanding Muse.

Diamond Submission is back in my hands - ready for editing. I will get to it this week as I get to it. It deserves my undivided attention. So does my mother-in-law. So does my 82-year-old uncle who still lives alone -- and shouldn't. So does my mother, who just turned 80 this week past - my mother who always thought she'd be dead by 70 because both her parents were.

So it isn't a matter of time, it's a mater of mental capacity. I have a great Far Side mug where the cartoon is of a class filled with students and a kid raising his hand. The bubble over his head says, "May I be excused? My brain is full."

I am that student. :)

Take care everyone, play safe and, with any luck, those of us in the Northeast will be able to stop shoveling snow soon!

Diana

No comments: